7.22.2017

My go-to liquid lipsticks

Liquid lipsticks are my absolute favourite! I honestly don't remember the last time that I wore just regular lipsticks. I work long hours so I usually gravitate towards something long lasting and stress-free.

Most people ask me what my favourite formula of liquid lipsticks are, and I must say my favourite is the Kylie Jenner and the Kat Von D formulas. The Kylie Jenner liquid lipsticks last on me all day without any touch ups, even when I am eating and drinking. I love her shade ranges and own almost all of it. If you get the lip kit, you also get a matching lip pencil which I think is a great addition.

The Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipstick formulas are very soft and comfortable on the lips. They don't have that drying effect on the lips, but more of a souffle texture (if you get what I mean). I find that the Kat Von D doe-foot applicator applies a really thin layer onto your lips so you won't have to worry about putting on too much products!

For the shade ranges, I'm a nude/brown-nude type of girl because I think it compliments my NC30-35 skin-tone more. Also because of work, I usually don't like to wear a bold colour. My favourite shades are Maliboo by Kylie Jenner, Bow N Arrow by Kat Von D, Trap by Colourpop and Baci & Carmello by Stila.

Maliboo and Bow N Arrow are very similar in the swatch below but Maliboo has more of a cool-toned nude on my lips, whereas Bow N Arrow is more of a darker nude. Trap and Baci are more of a pinky nude, and that's as far as I would go for a pinky-nude liquid lipstick. Carmello is a neutral-peachy nude and is probably the lightest out of the ones that I love.

These shades are the ones that I reach for he most when I don't want to think about what lipstick I want to wear on that day. But in saying that, I do have a lot of liquid lipsticks in my collection but I always switch it out. I hope this blog post help you in deciding which liquid lipstick to try out. If you want me to talk about a certain brand of liquid lipstick, please let me know in the comments below and I would do a full in-depth review and swatch post.


Left to right:
Kylie Jenner Maliboo, Kat Von D Bow N Arrow, Colourpop Trap, Stila Baci and Carmello

Don't forget to follow me on:
Bloglovin | Twitter

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Life with Nhi Archibald. Design by FCD.